Sunday, August 22, 2010

No News is No News

I haven't been checking in because there hasn't been much news.

Mostly, I've been working on a website for my in-laws.

I wrote the blog post that's up there. It's short, but it has an adorable picture of my little filly, Tala, taken the day she was born. So cute!

As to the queries, my partial was rejected. Actually, I've gotten rejections from all but one of the big-name agents I queried. It's time for me to look up some new agents.

In the meantime, I've decided not to write another novel, but to focus on short stories. My natural writing length is between five and thirty thousand words; that's unsellable as a stand-alone book, but common for shorts sold to magazines and e-zines. Having made the decision, I'm actually pretty darn excited about it; I've already come up with a ton of ideas, and have a general idea of the market for each of them. So far, I have one short story under review at Tor. If it doesn't make it there, I'll shop it around a little, or maybe just post it here. :)

The next few days will be busy. I'll be working on the website and on personal business, researching new agents and getting a short story written. You can expect to hear from me more often after that.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment